Monday, December 12, 2011

Would my grandfather be considered an immediate family member?

My grandfather has given me his old 1994 Ford Crown Vic for when I get my license on Friday. I signed the title and all. On the title, he put on there "GIFT" underlined and capitalized. The car is already inspected as of last weekend. I just need to get the tags, stickers, registration, etc. So, the question is, would the DMV consider my grandfather as an immediate family member so I won't have to pay the tax on the car?|||When my Grandfather died the funeral director considered all of the grandchildren part of the immediate family.People like Aunts,Uncles and cousins are not.|||Looked it up in the the legal dictionary via the internet and grandparent is an immediate family member.





You can call them and get an answer prior to going there.|||No. Immediate family is your father, mother, brothers and sisters. He could give it to his child (your mom or dad) and they could give it to you.|||In Wisconsin it is I am sure that would be standard|||aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa鈥?please dont kill me

No comments:

Post a Comment