Thursday, December 15, 2011

Will smoking cigarettes in the same room as a russian tortoise give him immediate respiratory issues?

I'm wondering if smoking cigarettes around my russian tortoise will give him immediate and or severe respiratory health issues. It wouldn't be right in her face just the general vicinity.|||it will have an effect on the air quality so may have an effect on any breathing thing, it could but it depends on how much smoke is in the room and if any windows are open, really you should limit the amount of smoke in the room so to avoid any problems|||While it most likely won't cause immediate respiratory issues, it certainly is no better for her than for you or those around you. Constant smoking around reptiles isn't good for them. They are pretty sensitive to toxins and there are plenty in cigarette smoke. I won't sell one of my animals to someone who would smoke around them. I usually ask if they smell of smoke.|||Even in the general facility, smoke can seep into your fabrics, and even wood. It would definitly be a problem for the tortoise. It would be uncomfortable for them. In the wild when they sense smoke, animals instincts are to move away from it, but in a enclosure they cant. It may nto be immediate issues, but still not good for him. :D|||Since they've tried to outlaw smoking in the car with children - I don't think it's a good idea to smoke in the same room as an innocent animal either. If you want to kill yourself or stink up your clothes, hair, breath or whatever, it's a free country.|||I'm pretty sure it's no good. Having said that, I have smoked around my 3 toed tortoise for as long as I have owned him - 21 years.|||it isnt healthy for it...........better stop doing it........or go outside and smoke.......they are also living beings like us they also have problems...........|||im pretty sure it isnt healthy for them. if possible i would try smoking somewhere else just to be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment