Thursday, December 15, 2011

How can I make a Canon EOS 40D take an immediate photo?

I am borrowing a friends Canon EOS 40D to take shots of my daughter for Christmas pics. My friend is out of town, so I am looking to find out how I can take an immediate photo. Every time I push the button, it seems to focus first and then I have to press it in all the way, and eventually the camera clicks. Any way to avoid this delay...just point, push and click? I figure there must be with this fancy and large camera. Thanks.|||the delay is letting the camera focus


it does have a menu option


find the af in the menu


choose continuous and not single|||It probably all comes down to which lens is attached to the body. If it's a slow lens, then it WILL have to spend time focusing, especially in low light.|||You can also pre-focus (switch the lens to MANUAL focus), and it should decrease the delay to almost nothing since it does not have to focus.





It goes without saying that you need to make sure the subject is in focus.|||Are you shooting in low light (indoors)?





Make sure the AF Assist Beam is set to "ON".





It's Custom Function III and you can see how to set it here:





http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos鈥?/a>





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment