Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where can I find information about the immediate transition from homeschool graduation into college?

What are some good online sites that offer resources for the immediate transition between homeschooling and college? (especially the transcript, SATs, etc)|||What you will need to get into a college will depend on which colleges you are looking at. Some require a GED for anyone who does not have an official high school diploma. A lot don't (none of the colleges I applied to required a GED from homeschooled students).





You will need to take the SAT (and maybe the ACT; again, it depends on the requirements of the colleges you are looking at), which you can register for at the College Board website (www.collegeboard.com).





My parents made their own transcript for me (just a Word file with a table of classes and grades) and the colleges I applied to seemed to be fine with that.





Your best bet for specific information is the admissions websites of the colleges you are interested in.|||If you are an independent homeschooler-have your parents issue you a diploma and start applying at colleges. If you are enrolled in an online program-finish the courses and they will grant you a diploma. If neither of these apply to you-take the GED.





Look on the SAT site http://www.collegeboard.com/ for all the particulars for the SAT and planning for this. It's coming up soon and you don't want to have to pay late fees. They will also waive fees if your finances are difficult.





Here's some info to help you put together your transcript if you have been homeschooling independently.. http://www.ehow.com/how_2147679_keep-hom鈥?/a>





Best of Luck!


Jana


http://www.purehomeschooling.com/|||Well... I don't have any websites, but I was homeschooled almost my whole life and I'm in college right now. I didn't actually "graduate", I got my GED at the age of 16. I actually did not take SATs or anything because I went into a community college. I recommend community colleges because it's cheaper and it's a little better when you're going from homeschooling to a public-sort of school. You usually have to have SATs when going into a larger college. I got my associate's degree from a community college and now I'm going to Texas A%26amp;M. Also, I recommend, if you get invited to join - Phi Theta Kappa.. it's a junior honors society, and I joined hoping to get some scholarships, and ended up getting $1000 in scholarships when I went to A%26amp;M. You have to have a 3.5 to get in, but that's pretty achievable at a community college in freshman/sophomore level courses. Good luck on going to college! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment