Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it weird that I am the only one in my immediate family without colored eyes?

I am full Mexican and out of my immediate family I am the only one with brown eyes, my dad has greenish blue, my mom hazel, my older brother green, younger brother blue, and my nephew green. I always wanted colored eyes till this day and I dont want contacts because everyone already knows mine are brown. But why do you think that gene skip me?|||haha, in this day there is hardly anyone who is full anything. When you think about it, Mexicans come from the natives of Central America and the Spanish so you're already a mixed race anyway. Now on to your question lol. No it's not weird. It's just that funny way that genes and DNA work. My both of my Dad's parents were African-American with brown eyes and yet, he was the ONLY one in his immediate family with green eyes. The only person closest to him in bloodline with green eyes was his grandfather. Sometimes genetic features tend to skip a generation is all. Don't hate on the brown eyes. Like Tyra says, EMBRACE YOUR FEATURES!!|||I believe that green eyes are made by a completely different gene than brown eyes, so I would guess no.





Edit: Seriously, stop saying brown are dominant. They are, but that would make it weird. Brown is dominant out of brown/blue, however eye colour genetics are not fully understood, but it's thought that green is caused by a completely different gene.|||It's common. If you understand Mendel's law, then it will make more sense.





There's always a percentage of the genes from each parent that will be passed on to each child/generation. Their parents may have had either colored or brown eyes and those genes were passed onto your parents then finally shown up in you.|||Brown is a color and I think brown eyes are beautiful. Be happy and accept who you are and who wants to be like everyone else anyway :D My mom has brown dad has blue sisters green and mine are grey!!|||Brown eyes are dominant, meaning that if you have the brown eye gene your eyes will be brown. Also, brown is a color.|||Brown eyes are a dominant trait. I have a friend who is blonde but her parents have reddish hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment